In the build-up to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow this summer, Britain’s best hopes of a medal on the track surely lie in the hands of Mo Farah, who last week tweeted to confirm that he would be competing in July.
He hasn’t yet decided which distances he will be running in but it’s given a boost to our athletics medal chances and is a great way for him to fight back after a disappointing finish in the London Marathon.
If he picks up a medal in Glasgow it will be his 13th major medal, which is certainly quite some achievement.
Mo’s Major Medals:
– 2006 European Silver (5,000m)
– 2009 European Indoor Gold (3,000m)
– 2010 European Gold x2 (10,000m and 5,000m)
– 2011 European Indoor Gold (3,000)
– 2011 World Championships Gold (5,000m)
– 2011 World Championships Silver (10,000m)
– 2012 European Gold (5,000)
– 2012 Olympic Gold x2 (10,000m and 5,000m)
– 2013 World Championships Gold x2 (10,000m and 5,000m)